Naturopathy for cancer
Cancer is still an incredibly common and serious disease. Every year, around 500000 people in Germany develop cancer. Every second German citizen receives a cancer diagnosis in the course of his or her life.
Whereas 30 years ago two thirds of cancer patients died of the disease, just as many may soon hope for a permanent cure. This is due to the progress made by conventional medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer.
More and more people use the possibilities of naturopathy with cancer. There are good reasons for this. Naturopathy can be a useful complement to conventional medicine in the treatment of cancer.
What naturopathy can do for a cancer patient
Naturopathy and conventional medicine are not the hostile doctrines they are often portrayed to be. For many diseases, both disciplines can be combined advantageously. In the case of cancer, naturopathy can help
- increase the chances of success and the tolerability of conventional cancer therapies.
- thanks to a holistic view of the disease process, often neglected aspects such as the mental, emotional and spiritual level of the patient are taken into account in everyday clinical life.
- Bring the patient out of the passivity into which he is often pushed after a cancer diagnosis. With naturopathic remedies, he can become active himself and help determine his own health.
- Take into account the patient’s self-healing powers. Conventional medicine concentrates as much as possible on the elimination of the disease. It deals with what makes the patient ill. Naturopathy can also consider what makes the patient healthy.
- can be used for aftercare after surviving cancer. In the time after the cancer therapies the patient is usually no longer therapeutically cared for and left alone with his fears. Naturopathy can support it in this time.
Increase the chances of survival with naturopathy
Naturopathy can be helpful in cancer to treat the typical side effects and discomforts that occur in the course of a disease and its therapy. However, naturopathic remedies can also influence the prognosis of a cancer disease.
This also includes simple things such as appropriate exercise and a targeted diet, which can be integrated into a patient’s daily routine without much effort. Our lifestyle does not only influence the development of cancer diseases.
It also has a decisive influence on its course. This has been shown by various studies. Among other things, the positive effects of endurance sports have been studied.
Sport not only has a positive effect on complaints and quality of life. Recent studies show that regular exercise increases the likelihood of a lasting cure.
Nutrition also plays an important role. A high vegetable portion, the reduction of sugar and animal protein (vegetable protein is permitted) and the consumption of cancer-preventing plant substances are recommended.
The latter include, for example, the sulfur-containing compounds such as indole-3-carbinol and sulphoraphane and strong coloring dyes such as curcumin (turmeric), lycopene (tomato) or betanin (beet).
The new book “Naturopathy in Cancer
The book “Naturopathy in Cancer” was published at the end of August 2017.
The book shows which naturopathic methods can be helpful for cancer patients and how they can be used. Various methods are presented, some of which can be implemented very quickly.
Almost all recommendations in the book are supported by the latest study results. It makes it easier for patients to work with their doctors, as the studies listed in the book enable them to check the efficacy and safety of recommendations.